The 6th International Biennial Meeting of Human Variome Project Consortium (HVP6) will again be held at UNESCO headquarters in Paris. This biennial meeting will provide updates on the achievements of the past two years and time for discussion on the plans for the next two years of activities.
HVP6 will bring together some of the most prominent professionals from around the world who address the many aspects of human genetics. Participants will be encouraged to explore and share knowledge on data sharing, interpretation of unknown variants, collaboration between developing and developed countries, opportunities for the global collection, curation, and much more.
Abstracts are invited to be submitted to the meeting within the specific themes below. (You do not need to submit an abstract to attend the meeting)
• Variation interpretation and pathogenicity assessment
• HVP Collaborating Networks between developed and developing countries
• Systematics – from nomenclature to phenotype
• Database creation, content and curation
• Standards & Guidelines
• Capacity building – Education & Training
• Linking quality variant data (molecular genetics) to clinics
• Integration of NGS data
• Ethical, legal & social issues
More information about the meeting including a draft programme and abstract submission instructions are available on the meeting website.