Nominations to the EURORDIS Black Pearl Awards
The nominations for the EURORDIS Black Pearl Awards 2018 are now open. Nominate a Rare Disease Star of 2018 today!
The Awards strive to recognise the exceptional accomplishments and groundbreaking work in the field of rare diseases, including the ever-growing contributions of patients’ advocacy groups, volunteers, scientists, companies, media, and policy makers towards alleviating the impact of rare diseases on people’s lives.
This time, the Black Pearls will be awarded in several new categories:
- Young Patient Advocate Award – New category this year!
- EURORDIS Volunteer Awards – New, not just one but two EURORDIS Volunteer Awards!
- Company Awards – New: the EURORDIS Company Award for Innovation and the EURORDIS Company Award for Patient Engagement
- Media Awards – New, one award becomes two! There is now one award for visual and audio media and a second for written media
- European Rare Disease Leadership Award
- Policy Maker Award
- Scientific Award
- EURORDIS Patient Organisation Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Photo Award – New! (see below)
We encourage you to nominate a person – such as a scientist, a policy maker, or patient advocate – who in your opinion made a major contribution to the rare disease community. See the nomination criteria.
The call for nominations is open until 20th Oct 2017. The Awards ceremony will take place on the 20th Feb 2018 in Brussels.
The EURORDIS Photo Award
For the first time, this year’s EURORDIS Black Pearl Awards include the EURORDIS Photo Award, which replaces the Photo Contest. As usual, submitters can upload a photo of a friend or family member/s that highlights what it means to live with a rare disease. Submissions open from 6th Dec 2017 till the end of January. All photos will be on show to the public in a Facebook gallery during this time. The finalists’ photos will be displayed at the Awards Ceremony, during which the winner of the EURORDIS Photo Award will be selected via on-side and online voting.
For more details, visit the EURORDIS Black Pearl Awards website.